9Harbor, West Messina
A citadel once dominate the Fort of San Salvatore in the harbor in the west of Messina. This structure forms the base for this 60-meter octagonal column that was erected in 1934. It is topped by a statue of Madonna della Lettera, which the locals called it Madonnina or little Madonna. Click the next ARROW to see the next image!